Thursday, December 6, 2007

Workout 10 12/5

To be completely honest, I was really scared about this workout after the problems I had on Monday. I learned a lesson in listening to my body on Monday for sure. Mr. E had an event tonight, so I was also on my own. After waiting 10 minutes for my treadmill to open up (why is the gym soo busy at 630??), I put on my iPod and got going. This week's workout is one round of walk 5 minutes for warm up, run 3 minutes, walk 90 seconds, run 5 minues, walk 2.5 minutes, run 3 minutes, walk 90 seconds, run 5 minutes. Monday I made it through the first run and walk and absolutely died in the second run. On top of not being all that confident I would finish the workout, I was on the treadmill next to Mr. Sweatyandsmellyguy. We all stink when we leave the gym, but it always sucks to get on the treadmill next to the guy who's half-way done and smelly. Regardless, I finished the workout! I hit a huge wall about 2 minutes into the second 5 minute run. I realized that I was at the 2 mile point, the exact point in the 5K on the 2nd that I had issues too. As soon as I pushed past the 2.1 mile hurdle, it wasn't as hard getting to the end. That doesn't mean it was easy in any way...

Stats:
5 min warm at 4.0 MPH/2 incline
3 min runs at 6.0 MPH/2 incline
5 min runs at 5.5 MPH, 1st one at 2 incline, 2nd one 2 incline for mins 1-2, 1 incline for mins 3-5
walks at 3.5 MPH
5.5 min cool down
Total Distance 2.45 miles
32 minutes

No comments: