Thursday, December 20, 2007

Workout 12/19

I'm scared to admit that Mr. E was right tonight. I'd had just an awful day, and was on my way to do my run for today (5 min warm, 5 min run, 3 min walk, 8 min run, 3 min walk, 5 min run) and he said "maybe it'll make you feel better to get your blood pumping". Yeah, right. I'm pretty sure in the history of the world, running has never made me feel better ever....until tonight. Some old, and probably horrible with the sound on, Jean Claude Van Damme movie was on the tv in front of the treadmill I was working out on, and Aida was on the iPod. Amazingly, although this was one of the longer in time workouts (29 minutes before cool down), the longer I went, the better I felt. I got home and told Mr. E that I was upset with him for being right. I'm not admitting I have turned that "corner" that everyone tells me exists from hating running to it actually becoming cathartic and an enjoyable experience...I am admitting that for once, I was not miserable. We'll see what the next few workouts bring as to the long term attitude.

Stats:
5 min warm at 4.0 MPH/2.0 incl
5 min runs at 5.5 MPH/2.0 incl
8 min run at 5.4 MPH/2.0 incl
walks at 3.5 MPH
5-6 min cool
2.65 miles, 34-35 mins (I lost track)

No comments: