Monday, December 17, 2007

Workout 12/16

So it took two tries to get this workout done. I went in on Saturday with Mr. E to do the workout, but due to a bout of middle-of-the-night sickness, was pretty physically drained by the time the workout came around. (I'm fine, but I apparently ate something that I'm either (a) allergic to or (b) was really bad because my body determined it did not need to stay in me...enough said). The workout was the first of our long runs - 20 minutes without stopping after a 5 minute warm up. On Saturday Mr. E did his workout, but I got to about 13 minutes in and my body began to give out. I got in another couple minutes of running, but ended up doing a run-walk-run-walk session. Overall, that was 30 minutes and 2.3 miles. So, not wanting to give up on our program, Mr. E and I went back on Sunday. I'm not sure if it was the day of food finally in my system, the Rent soundtrack, Mr. E working on the recumbant bike and not clearly kicking my ass running next to me or what, but I made the 20 minutes without too much pain and suffering.

This coming week is going to be a challenge, the week before Christmas just seems as if it's doomed to be super busy. Things may have to be "squeezed" in during the week, but Mr. E and I are determined to make it through week 6 of 9. I guess on the positive side, I'm over half way done with this program!

Stats:
5 min warm at 4.0 MPH/2 incl
20 min run at 5.4 MPH/2 incl
5 min cool
Total Distance 2.4 miles, 30 minutes

No comments: